Sunday, April 10, 2016

Adios Lumpy! 
Good riddance. Lumpy can’t complain, they got to surf on Waikiki beach before being booted out of this world. Now, the wait to find out if accomplices exist.

The April 8th surgery and hospital care was exemplary, beyond whatever expectations I thought I had. Can't think of anything more they could have done to make me feel safe, calm, and as pain and discomfort-free as possible, all with a little touch of levity and humor.  “Think of it as a spa day” one nurse mused, as she put on pressure wraps around my calves that gently massaged me for hours. Told them how grateful I was to live in the year 2016. I cannot imagine the horrors poor pioneer patients years before had to endure so that best practices could be learnt and passed on to benefit me. I feel a strong urge to pay this forward. I could never be like the heroes before me, voluntary or involuntary ones, but I can at least chip-in a small contribution.

Note to blog - no X-Men powers after radioactive jab. No Spiderman tingling, and no clinging to walls. Bummer.

And if there is a next time, remember to ask for anti-nausea pills. No need to be a hero. Day-after was barfing day. Luckily a client showed up late and I could barf and tidy up before they arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment